I was just offered my first nursing job. I'll be working in a pediatric outpatient clinic at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville, TN. I don't have a start date yet, but it will be sometime in the next 3-5 weeks. I'll be started off as a patient care tech until I pass my nursing boards, and then will move into a nursing role after I pass. I'll be working 8-5, Monday-Friday, with no weekends, no being on call, and holidays off. I get full benefits right away. I couldn't ask for much more from a first job. It's exactly what I wanted. God is so good.
I won't say much now, because my head is spinning, but I'll keep the updates coming! I have to pack, find an apartment, still study 3-4 hours a day for boards, move, and tie up loose ends here in Murfreesboro. This certainly isn't my first move, and compared to many I've done before, isn't too far away, but boy do I feel like I'm barely treading water. I'll only be 45 minutes away from my family, but considering I live a mile from my nephews right now, it feels like a long way away. Here are some prayer requests:
-I will find people willing/able to help me with the actual move
-I'll find an affordable apartment close to the hospital (that has a washer and dryer, something I haven't had for 8 years!!)
-I'll stay disciplined with my studying
-I'll feel God's peace through this transition
Congratulations Sharon!! What an amazing opportunity to have 8-5 job and benefits! :) Praise God and praying for all the right doors to open and answers to prayer! Especially church and friends!! Love you and so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteSharon, I am so happy for you! Congratulations! God is definitely GOOD! He has found the perfect position for you! I will keep you in prayer! May he answer your specific prayer to suit your needs and wants. Blessings to you! Paula
ReplyDeleteAwesome news, Sharon! Congratulations! The job sounds great! Thank you, Lord! Praying for all the details!
ReplyDeleteHey girl, miss you!!! My sister lives right near Vanderbilt I’ll let her know you’re coming and pass your number along. She works at her church so maybe she can rally some people to help you settle in! I’m hoping to visit her in June sooooo I’ll touch base but hopefully I’ll get to see you too :)
ReplyDeleteThat would be wonderful!
DeleteWow, Sharon, how exciting! I just prayed for your move, your studies, and the transition to your new place...
ReplyDelete