I officially like interviewing for nursing jobs. If nothing else, you get to do it in scrubs. That already puts me in a good mood! I traveled up to Vanderbilt, a large and respected hospital in Nashville, and interviewed for 4 jobs in one morning: Pediatric surgical outpatient clinic, diabetic clinic, radiology, internal medicine. They all seem like good opportunities, but I've narrowed my interest to the pediatric and diabetic clinic options. I've already heard back, and have been invited for a second round interview. All the staff I met were friendly, professional, and enthusiastic about their jobs. My hours would be roughly 8:00-4:30 M-F, no weekends, no holidays. Not bad for a first job! And working at Vanderbilt has a lot of perks, like tuition benefits, and excellent health care.
If I accept either position, it would mean a move to Nashville, about 45 minutes from where I'm currently living. It would be a big lifestyle change, mostly for the better, I imagine, because I'm much more a city person, but I would miss living practically across the street from my nephews. I hate finding a new place to live, and I really, really hate moving, but I'm not commuting! It's a lot to take in, especially since I still have to pass boards!
I will likely take my boards in the beginning of February, and I've been trying to study 4-5 hours a day. Thanks for all your prayers and support thus far. I'll continue to keep you posted. If you have any connections in Nashville, please let me know. I'll need a place to live, a church, and a few friends wouldn't hurt!
No comments:
Post a Comment