Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A Bizarre beginning

It's 6:25 on a Tuesday night, and in theory, I should be sitting in my first Anatomy and Physiology class right now. An hour ago, armed with my textbook, sufficient snacks, and lots of spare pencils, I arrived early. I was soon informed that my professor had suffered from a heart attack the night before and that he wouldn't be able to teach the course. The school is now looking for a replacement and has no idea when the class will actually begin. So, I'm now sitting on my couch. I'm saddened to hear about my professor, but can I admit I'm selfishly frustrated? I was so excited about this class, and now it might be a few weeks before we get started. I've never done well with last-minute changes, so I will chalk this up to a great character building opportunity.

I did successfully complete my first math class last night. I learned how to read and write Roman numerals. Here is the acronym to learn the larger numbers:

50 L Lovely
100 C Cats
500 D Don't
1,000 M Meow

You are welcome.

I was also forced to reach to the farthest depths of my brain to extract my 4th-grade math skills. We practiced adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying fractions. The best thing I can say about Medical Math so far is that it's boring. The class meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-9pm. Yikes! Now I remember why I was an English major the first time around...But, I'm determined to plow through. I won't let the fractions beat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment