I've had a few people ask my I decided on an LPN rather than an RN. That's a long and boring story. Here is the shorter, only slightly less boring version:
1. I've done my research. A lot.
2. Yes, I know RNs make more money.
3. Yes, there is a job market for LPNs in my area.
4. Yes, I'll probably go on to earn an RN eventually.
5. I like this particular LPN program for these reasons:
- It's an on-campus program. I don't want to learn how to be a nurse via the internet.
- It's an evening program. I'm a grown-up and have to work while I go to school.
- It's a slower pace than most programs. I'm a slow learner. No, really. For reals I am.
- It's the cheapest program in my area by far.
- It's about a mile from my apartment.
6. An LPN will service my short-term future goals.
- I'm interested in geriatric nursing. Most nursing homes want LPNs.
- An LPN will get me into the field faster, and I can make a lot more money as a nurse than I could working my current temp jobs as I earn my RN.
- I want to make sure nursing is a good fit before I take it to the next level.
- At age 35, I'm eager to get started in my new career!
Now I shall entertain you with a random medical fact I learned today: The area behind your knee is your popliteal. Try to work that into a conversation tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment