I asked Ben if I could use his Legos for a school project. I had to assure him that I wouldn't glue anything and that I would return all the Legos. No problem. He didn't quite grasp what I was doing, and of course, had no idea what a "cell" was. Cindy wisely explained that I was bringing in Legos for show and tell. "Oooooh!" That made more sense. Thank goodness for moms who speak 4-year-old.
He asked if I was allowed to bring in 3 things for show and tell. After learning that I was only allowed this one thing, I received a look that meant, "what kind of second-rate school do you attend?" "I'm allowed 3 things when it's my time for show and tell." Welcome to the brutal truth of adulthood, kid.
We spent an afternoon building a cell. I would tell him, "I need something long and skinny," or, "It needs to be green," and he would find whatever I needed. As we concluded the project, he announced that, "This is going to be the best show and tell you've ever had."
Thanks for your help, Ben. I got an A.
p.s. Here is your medical vocab phrase to work into a conversation today:
Pseudostratified columnar epithelium are cell tissues found in your trachea.
No comments:
Post a Comment