Monday, January 29, 2018

2 miracles

I want to tell you about 2 miracles. The first is that I'm an inch farther away from the failure line. I'm not where I want to be, (let's face it, all A's), but at this point, I felt it was safe to buy books for the next semester. I have a test today, one tomorrow, and another on Thursday, so hopefully I'll still feel safe by Friday morning!

The second miracle is what I've been learning about fetal development. If it isn't proof of a creator and intentional design, I don't know what it. Have you ever thought about how babies breathe in the uterus? Did you know their heart is beating when they are 8-weeks old? They are less than an inch long, but their heart is circulating blood. Did you know that a baby's heart works, in some ways, the opposite in the womb, and then when we are born, 3 shunts fuse shut so we can breathe with our lungs and circulate blood differently? If any of you are actually interested in learning more, take a look at this video I've been watching on repeat, trying desperately to memorize for my test this afternoon.

Thanks for all your prayers, support, and encouragement. Only 11 months until graduation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O-i6k0mGrU&index=22&list=PLvA06TlF72GPG1WVxD3s-_qrqo7m0z5h_

p.s. Did you know pregnant women can get scurvy? I thought only pirates got that! (it's basically bleeding gums and other yucky things in your mouth due to the excretion of hormones and extra saliva during pregnancy)

No comments:

Post a Comment